The Sauer hydrostatic drive is controlled by an adjustable foot treadle for variable 0-6 mph, forward or reverse travel. The large hydrostatic pump and deep-reduction planetary wheel hubs generate 20,000 pounds of tractive effort and will propel a 40,000-pound load up a 24% grade.
At the heart of the PT40 is its intelligent hydraulic system. The pump is load-sensing and pressure-compensating with the ability to limit horsepower accordingly. This allows higher pump flows at lower pressure, or conversely, higher pressures without stalling the engine. The control valves are custom manifolds with industry standard cartridge valves to greatly minimise hoses, adapters, leaks, and clutter. All the working elements of the valves are externally mounted on the manifolds, so there should never be the need to remove the entire valve for diagnosis or repair. And because cleaner oil is always better, the PT40 uses a 3-micron return filter and a pressurised reservoir to minimise outside air and moisture from entering the system.
- Engine: GM 3.0L 91hp at 3000rpm
- Transmission: Hydrostatic, 0-6mph infinitely variable
- Hydraulic System: Load sensing, pressure compensated
- Hydraulic Filtration: 3-micron synthetic element
- Electrical: Sealed IP66 Minimum
- Tires: 28x10x22, front duals, rear singles
- Gradeability: 24% with 40,000 pound load
- Tractive Effort: 20,000 pounds
The specifications contained on this page are subject to change at any time without notice. Actual dimensions and performance data given herein may vary due to manufacturing tolerances.